The Law Offices of Paul S. Geller – Rising Star SUPERLAWYER, 2011, three years in a row!
AVVO “Superb” Rating Among Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Paul S. Geller, years of experience as a prosecutor and as a DUI defense lawyer has helped our proven success rating while defending hundreds of DUI cases.
Mr. Geller was a prosecutor and trial attorney with the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted hundreds of DUI cases and learned invaluable insight as to how Deputy District Attorneys and City Attorneys approach the prosecution of DUI cases. He knows who the prosecution experts are, the processes the prosecutors go through in preparation of their cases, and what their weaknesses are. He knows where the cases will move through system, which courtroom the cases get transferred to from arraignment through trial. Knowing the criminal court and DUI system is just as important as knowing the law.
It is imperative that a DUI lawyer knows the law in that area. A DUI case involves not only criminal penalties, but also major consequences on someone’s driving privileges for years to come, insurance costs, professional embarrassment, and the like. Our office not only knows the DUI laws, but we continue to stay educated about the laws that are ever changing in this area.
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California DUI Lawyers Assocation
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Specialized Training on Standard Field Sobriety Tests
- POST Certified for Alco-Sensor IV Breath Machines Operation
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who of Distinguished Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice – Board MemberMr. Geller switched to the defense of DUI cases after prosecuting them for so long because of the damage he witnessed by so many so-called defense and DUI attorneys, who did nothing more than show up to enter guilty pleas after having charged their clients hard earned money. Those lawyers had no idea what the consequences were on their clients’ driver’s license, professional license or professional career, and had no interest in fighting for their clients. A DUI conviction can be a problem for years to come, which is why our offices take every case seriously.
- Among his many organizations and memberships, Mr. Geller is an active member of two of the most highly acclaimed organizations specializing in DUI cases: the National College for DUI Defense, Inc. and the California DUI Defense Lawyers. He attends their continuing education meetings multiple times a year to stay on top of this ever changing area of law.
- Why Us? There are many things that need to be done to accurately, thoroughly and aggressively defend someone in a DUI case (such as checking the accuracy of the breath testing machines used, retesting the blood sample if one was provided, examining the police officer’s radio transmissions to test the accuracy of their reports, visiting the scene or checking maps of the arrest location, checking the location where the field sobriety tests (FSTs) were conducted), and our office will do all that we can while we fight for your rights!
- Do not just plead guilty to “get it over with”. You have rights – and a DUI conviction can be detrimental to your professional career and personal rights. Hire a lawyer that truly cares and can fight for you! We are here for that reason!